2.02.2015

February Goal--Bright Star Quilt

January is done, so it's on to my next quilty goal--finishing this quilt.  I started it so long ago (over 11 years ago), that I can't remember the name of it or where the pattern is from.  I'm pretty sure it was from an ad in American Patchwork & Quilting, and it was a free pattern, sometime around 2003.  I started before I knew I was pregnant with my second child, and then I got horrible morning sickness that lasted 14 weeks.  Not much happened during those 14 weeks.  I'm pretty sure I must have worked on it after she was born, but it's been put away in a container for so long, I don't remember.  Thankfully my quilt markings are still visible.  Hopefully they will wash out when I'm done!
When the whole idea of finishing up some quilt UFOs came up, I knew this was one of the projects I wanted to pull out and complete.  I'm so close to being done.  I'm handquilting it, which is why it isn't done.  I have about 5 or 6 more blocks to quilt, and then I need to decide what to do about the borders.  Since I'm only doing minimal quilting in the blocks (in-the-ditch around the stars and blocks, plus a heart in the center of each star, and alternating circles and diamonds where the blocks meet), I don't want to go overboard on the borders.  Plus I just want to get it finished and bound.  I did have the foresight to make the binding all those years ago from fabrics I used in the blocks, so that part won't be too hard.  It's just getting it quilted already!
So my goal for February is to have this completed--quilted and bound.

3 comments:

SuperMomNoCape said...

And what a lovely finish it will be. Those bright colors should brighten up these cold, dull gray days of February!

Sandy Panagos said...

That quilt is beautiful. LOVE the colors! Good luck with your goal. Can't wait to see this one finished.

e said...

This is a very fun quilt.

Post a Comment