7.06.2017

OMG July: Selfish Sewing

I don't think life ever slows down, does it?  July has barely begun, and my calendar is already full with college campus visits and softball tournaments.  If I manage to squeeze any sewing in, it will have to be "selfish sewing"--working on a project just for me.  I don't do enough of that!
I participated in a Texty Charm Swap on Instagram and recently received 112 "texty" 5" charm squares (7 of them ended up being duplicate fabrics).  I really want to make a quilt just for me with them, so I'm thinking lap quilt that I can wrap myself up in while snuggling on the couch.
I have no idea whether to leave the charms "as is," or to make HST or QST or smaller squares/rectangles out of them.  I will most likely throw in a solid fabric to break up all the text.  But picking a color might be tricky since some of the fabrics have color to them.  I might go with black, and pull out the black/darker text charms.  I'll add in some of the text fabrics I already have if I need a few more blocks.
So for July, I'm hoping to play around in EQ7 until I come up with an idea that will work.  Whether any sewing happens remains to be seen!
Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal July Linkup.

3 comments:

Patty said...

They look quite fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck on your project.

Becky said...

It sounds like we are both doing some selfish sewing this month! :) I can't wait to see what design you come up with.

Unknown said...

I have a FiberArts Journal that has a word fabric quilt pictured. I'll have to look for it for you. Now this is from prob about 20 yers ago that it was pictured, but I keep those is order and very accessible! (trying to get my books and patterns better organized) but they were cut in long diagonal triangles, like if you were shredding paper with a diagonal cutter. Then it was pieced together almost like they were piecing the 'paper' back together.

Will look and see if I can find it.

Never got into instagram- it started when I was on a pay as you go, so each text was a certain amount and images wee like quadruple, so it would have been a fortune. :-/ But seeing some of the things you're getting out of it- that I never knew happened in it- it might e worth a go now. Thanks!

Lady C- btw we are neighbours in a way!

Post a Comment