January is done, so it's on to my next quilty goal--finishing this quilt. I started it so long ago (over 11 years ago), that I can't remember the name of it or where the pattern is from. I'm pretty sure it was from an ad in American Patchwork & Quilting, and it was a free pattern, sometime around 2003. I started before I knew I was pregnant with my second child, and then I got horrible morning sickness that lasted 14 weeks. Not much happened during those 14 weeks. I'm pretty sure I must have worked on it after she was born, but it's been put away in a container for so long, I don't remember. Thankfully my quilt markings are still visible. Hopefully they will wash out when I'm done!
When the whole idea of finishing up some quilt UFOs came up, I knew this was one of the projects I wanted to pull out and complete. I'm so close to being done. I'm handquilting it, which is why it isn't done. I have about 5 or 6 more blocks to quilt, and then I need to decide what to do about the borders. Since I'm only doing minimal quilting in the blocks (in-the-ditch around the stars and blocks, plus a heart in the center of each star, and alternating circles and diamonds where the blocks meet), I don't want to go overboard on the borders. Plus I just want to get it finished and bound. I did have the foresight to make the binding all those years ago from fabrics I used in the blocks, so that part won't be too hard. It's just getting it quilted already!
So my goal for February is to have this completed--quilted and bound.