8.07.2017

OMG August: More Selfish Sewing (Text Charm Quilt)

I haven't had much time to think about what to work on for August.  School starts in a couple weeks, so things will be crazy again real soon.  Not that the crazy ever really stops!
I would really like to have my text lap quilt sooner rather than later, so I'm hoping to continue with my project from last month.  I would at least like to have my plan figured out, any extra fabrics picked out, and the quilt top started.  I'm really leaning to something scrapy, and I did come up with one more layout in EQ7.
But I think I'd rather keep some of the charms whole, instead of cutting them in half for this design.  Most likely it will be one of these designs from last month.



Just have to wait and see!

UPDATE: I was playing around with layouts again today, and came up with this one, which was a little trickier to create in EQ7.  I have some text fabrics in my stash that I could cut into larger (8" finished) squares, make some 4 patches from the charms, and fill in as needed to come up with something like this.  If I have to, I could probably shrink it by 4" in each direction.  Hmmmm...


Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal August Linkup.

1 comments:

Patty said...

Nice pattern. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

Post a Comment