ALYOF May Goal--Finished!

My goal for May was to make something for my daughter's homeroom teacher.  May ended up being incredibly busy!  Which, I guess, shouldn't surprise me after all these years.  I didn't have a lot of time to work on sewing projects, but I managed to squeeze in just enough time to make a modified Hour Basket.  I used all of the Pittsburgh Steelers fabrics I have, since her teacher is a huge Steelers fan.  That was the easy part.
I made the pieces 10.5" x 12.5" (instead of the usual 10.5" x 16.5").  This gave me a more square basket. I didn't have the right interfacing on hand, so I just used some leftover batting.  I also messed up fussy-cutting the handles, but I didn't feel like redoing them.  The black probably wasn't the right fabric to use for them, but I really was pressed for time, so I just went with it.
I still haven't figured out what I'm going to put into it--I have a few more days!
Overall, I'm happy with how the basket came out, and I'm sure I'll be making more in the future.  If I find a few hours this week, I might try making some for her other teachers.


Post a Comment