Last year I decided I wanted to make a quilt for my local library. I'm a member of our Friends of the Library group, and books and libraries have always been important to me. 2015 marked the Library's 25th Anniversary, and I would have loved to have made the quilt for them last year. But it just didn't happen. One of the main reasons is that I didn't have very many kids' novelty fabrics to use for the book "covers" of the Books-for-Baby quilt pattern. I was fortunate enough to receive a ton of scraps and larger pieces from other quilters at the end of 2015 to be used in the project. Last week I finally got some fabrics that I want to try out for the other parts in the blocks (I ordered them from Connecting Threads).
So for April, I'd like to complete at least four blocks towards the quilt. I haven't even made a test block, yet!
Here's one of the layout ideas I had come up with in EQ7 for the quilt: