10.07.2016

OMG October: Alina's Halloween Costume

Keeping it realistic for October. I won't really have time for anything but costume sewing. Both for Halloween and the middle school musical. Although I keep hoping she decides she's too old to Trick-or-Treat (so I don't have to make a costume), my daughter says she wants a costume. And it can never be anything simple. Past costumes for my kids have included a glass of milk with an Oreo cookie hat (that was a fail), and a cyberman from Doctor Who (a little more successful). This year my daughter has decided she wants to be Peridot from Steven Universe. I have no idea what that really means because I haven't watched the show. But we have plans to head to Joann Fabrics this weekend and see what we can come up with. This is the picture she texted me to work from:

Simple enough, right? Except that headpiece is suppose to be hair. I have a feeling it's not exactly going to happen that way. At least Joann Fabrics has started carrying cosplay patterns and fabric, so I feel confident I might be able to pull the other part off. It's just going to be finding the time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment