6.01.2016

OMG June: Library Quilt Project (more blocks)

This may get a bit boring, but I'm planning on finishing up my Library Quilt book blocks this month.  I finished 16 out of 30 last month, and have prepped and started piecing the last 14.
I only need to finish the top part of the blocks.  But the smaller part seems to be the hardest--choosing text-like fabrics for the pages, and then piecing the odd shaped piece above the text part (see last month's post for finished blocks).  In hindsight, I should have modified the block to have one more piece, then I wouldn't have to worry about the weird five-sided pieces.  But I didn't want some of the blocks to be pieced differently.
I've also purchased fabric for the sashing (solid black), background (royal blue), and letters (yellow), and photocopied the letter patterns onto vellum for piecing.  I'm not sure how much of that I'll get done this month, so my goal is to at least get the remaining 14 book blocks finished.
Maybe by summer's end, I'll have the whole top pieced.  Then it will just be a matter of figuring out how to quilt it (or finding someone to do it for me?).  Since I've been working on the book quilt, I've fallen behind on my Project 48 Quilt (should have never had that 5th Friday in April off--threw off my rhythm), and my Modern HST Quilt.  I'll catch up on those eventually.  I haven't completed a single quilt/mini since March, but I've done lots of piecing.

3 comments:

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

Sounds as if you have your plan, planned out. I'll check back to see how you are progressing.
Kathleen Mary
https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Karen's Korner said...

What a novel idea. Looking forward to "reading" the completed book.

KaHolly said...

Looks pretty interesting! Good luck accomplishing your goal!

Post a Comment