Project 48 Quilt: Block 5

This block was a fairly simple one.  My hardest part was deciding whether to treat it as the original 7-patch, or change it to a 9-patch,  Some of my ideas from EQ7.

I decided to go with the one in the lower left of the second picture.  I wanted to be able to throw in some of my black text fabrics.  I ended up choosing a pink and a green batik for the "blocks."  I also deviated from the instructions by cutting my HST squares at 3 7/8"  I don't like to waste fabric when I don't have to cut larger blocks.  This method of HST has been pretty successful for me.
Here's the finished block.
And I really do want to fill in the Sudoku puzzle on one of these someday...


Post a Comment