1.02.2016

New Year, New Focus (revisited)

"New Year, New Focus" was how I titled my first post of 2015.  So I'm revisiting the idea for 2016.  If there was one thing that 2015 taught me, it's that I NEED quilting/sewing in my life again.  I took too long of a break.  It brings me joy.  It brings me happiness.
There was one of those things on Facebook about finding your word for 2016.  I clicked on it, entered my name, and it returned "Happiness."  And honestly, I have to agree with that.  I'm not looking to change myself.  With age comes wisdom, right.  And wisdom is realizing you just aren't going to change/fix yourself, no matter how hard you try.  I am what I am.  But I can bring myself Happiness through the choices I make.  So I choose to quilt/craft more.  I choose to continue with the great purging project I started before the Holidays.  Finally ridding my house of that what I don't need or don't use anymore (and am wise enough to realize I'm not going to use) will free up space for me to create.  And creating makes me happy.  I need to not lose sight of that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment