1.01.2016

ALYOF: 2015 in Review

2015 has come to a close.  I started the year participating in "A Lovely Year of Finishes" (ALYOF), and I set and met a lot of my monthly goals.  I made my goals for January, February, April, May, June, and July.  I also made my goals for March and August, but never linked up.  Things always fall apart in March (kids' birthdays) and the fall (back-to-school, cross country, softball, marching band, book fair, middle school musical). Don't know why I didn't link up in December.  Probably still recovering from musical and Thanksgiving.

Anyway, here's my 2015 Year in Review...

JANUARY: Learn EPP; make Hexie Friend Flower (goal and finish links)

FEBRUARY: Finish Bright Star Quilt (goal and finish links)

MARCH: Make Open-Wide Pouch (finish link)

APRIL: Finish Rainbow Mini Quilt (goal and finish links)

MAY: Finish Teacher Gift--One Hour Basket (goal and finish links)

JUNE: Work on Selfish Sewing Project (goal and finish links)

JULY: Work on more Hexie Friend Flowers (goal and finish links)

AUGUST: Finish Text Me Mini Quilt (goal link)

SEPTEMBER: When Back-to-School hits, these two become my focus.  And I'm okay with that.  :-)

OCTOBER: Survive Book Fair! (Ok, not a ALYOF Goal, but a goal nonetheless)

NOVEMBER: Finish Middle School Musical Costumes

DECEMBER: Work on Selfish Sewing Project; finish and mail out Hexie Flowers

Looking ahead to 2016, I plan to spend more time on quilting in general.  I still have a lot of the same WIP/UFOs to work on.  While ALYOF won't be happening anymore, I'll still try to post my personal goals and accomplishments.  I started scribbling a list of the things I'd like to focus on: Paradiso mini (selfish sewing project--need backing/binding fabrics), Pinwheel quilt (just needs quilting), Books-for-Baby quilt for my local library, SueBeeStar quilt, Elementary quilt (not sure what, but I have a layer cake of this fabric line that I really want to create something for me with), Rainbow Batik quilt (not sure what, but I have a nice collection of batiks now), Text quilt (something with all the text fabrics I've been collecting), do something with my stash that is scrappy (maybe cut them into pre-cuts), Batik Pinwheel quilt (unpick the black fabric and start over, finish it off), Homespun Plaid quilt (something with all the homespuns I collected), Fall Leaf quilt (just needs layered and quilted), Hexies (make and send more; make into quilt top), and do something with all the charm packs/mini charm packs I've acquired the past two years).  Quite a list, I know.  And that's only a small part of the projects swirling around in my head.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your finishes.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Congratulations on your finishes. I especially love the bright star quilt! Good luck on your goals for 2016.

Farm Quilter said...

Congratulations on meeting so many goals!!! Very productive!

Post a Comment